Announcing Hadoop release 1.0.1 Stable
Apache Hadoop 1.0.1 is a stable release
Hadoop Release 1.0.1 is now available. This is a bug-fix release for version 1.0. This release should now be considered STABLE, replacing the venerable 0.20.203 release!
Patches in this minor release include:
- Added hadoop-client and hadoop-minicluster artifacts for ease of client install and testing
- Support run-as-user in non-secure mode
- Better compatibility with Ganglia, HBase, and Sqoop
For additional fixes, please see the release notes at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.1/releasenotes.html
Release Manager for 1.0
So, you can start to test in this new version all the new features, and to report them to tha mailing lists. For instructions how to install this version, you can visit the Apache Hadoop’s wiki.
Happy Hacking !!!
- Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda
- Sr. Software Engineer (UCI)
- Linkedin’s profile
- Big fan of Big Data, NoSQL and PostgreSQL