Cloudera, on of the leader companies today on the Apache Hadoop and related technologies, announced that the first conference dedicated exclusivelly to HBase, the real-time column-based data storage, based on the research of Google BigTable will be in May 22 in the InterContinental San Francisco Hotel, located in 888 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. Seeing the agenda and the speakers list, I think that it could be a oustanding opportunity for networking events, to meet personally to Lars George, the author of the “HBase: The Definitive Guide”‘s book, talk with HBase committers to discuss the upcoming features in the platform, etc. Some of my favorite talks in the conference are:
- Developing Real Time Analytics Applications Using HBase in the Cloud by Rick Tucker, Software Architect at Sproxil
- Growing your Inbox, HBase at Tumblr by Blake Mathery
- Supporting HBase: How to Stabilize, Diagnose, and Repair, by Kathleen Ting, Customer Operations Engineer at Cloudera John Hseih, Software Engineer at Cloudera, and Jeff Bean, Technical Account Manager at Cloudera
- Lessons learned from OpenTSDB, by Benoit Sigoure, Senior Reliability Engineer at StumbleUpon
- Case Study of HBase Operations at Facebook, by Ryan Thiessen, Technical Lead at Facebook
So, What are you waiting for? Look here for a early bird registration, and enjoy every minute in the event.If you have any question about the event, please send an email to the Cloudera’s folks here. Cheers.
Happy Hacking !!!
- Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda
- Data Engineer at UCI
- Linkedin’s profile
- Big fan of Big Data, NoSQL and PostgreSQL